So…the shopper segment that I sent my wunzees to went on the air this morning. Its actually pretty funny, becasue the topic is “Ideas for Moms Hoping to Earn Extra Cash.” So its a story about the economy and how we as mothers can make more money by selling crafts on Etsy. Im a mom now! 🙂 I guess because I make baby clothes, I’ve got to be right? Well, its great exposure, and was fun to watch online. You can too! I can’t embed the video, but if you click on the link and go to the video footage on the top right, watch long enough, and you will see my onesie with a tie. The “Lil Gentleman”. She also links to my Wunzees Etsy shop, so thats awesome too…
Check it! She holds up my item longer than the rest! 🙂
Posted in call me an artist, entertaining me isnt hard, regular ol shit, the important stuff
Tagged 11Alive.com, Atlanta, crafts, etsy, mom, NBC, onesies, wunzee, wunzees
So there is alot going on right now in my lil world of onesies.
1. Im just about ready to order a new batch of blanks…and I think i’m going to try a new vendor and go organic. Organic is in right now…and I dont see it going away, so maybe it will open my base of buyers if I appeal to the masses.
2. We are about to rebrand. Wunzees was a great start to a shop on Etsy, but what happens after I start doing things other than onesies? I mean, I’ve already ventured out into the world of bibs, and soon hopefully baby blankets are in the works. Wunzees stops making sense. I am in the preliminary stages of starting my new blog. I need to get a host, and learn CSS, or just steal borrow someones template. I Mick bought a domain. Wait for it….”The Little Goat”. Get it? Who doesn’t love goats, and a little goat is a kid! I can not take credit for this…though I will exploit it for all its worth. When the time comes, don’t forget to add thelittlegoat.com to your blogroll…though its nothing right now.
3. Wunzees are going to be on the internet (beyond Etsy)…maybe TV, and if you live in Atlanta, you can see it too! I answered a profnet, from a woman who was looking for trendy gifts from Etsy to feature on her show, and she responded! Yay PR….So…It will be on the 11Alive News, in Atlanta, GA at 7:50 am on Saturday. WXIA-TV Its the NBC affiliate! Pretty cool huh?
I will be featuring the Lil Gentleman Series.
The tie as well as the new mustache bib.
Stay tuned for more exciting things to come with The Little Goat.
Posted in call me an artist, its a celebration!, odd news, the important stuff
Tagged etsy, goats, marketing, NBC, onesies, profnet, the little goat, tv, wunzees
i really wish i had been documenting this better. I mean, this is the first place that Mick and I are living in, just the two of us. I imagine there will be many more to come, but this is the first. I have been just awful at documenting the transition…and i wish i had been better. The empty place, the uhaul, the boxes, the clutter, the finished product…would have made a cool sequence of shots. A good story. Ill use the excuse that I packed my camera. Its a lie, but im going to go with that.
Mick took some mobile uploads, so I will share those…for you people who cant wait to see the finished product. Im really excited about this place. Guestroom/office has both of our desks. I bought an Expedit desk from Ikea, and its all crafty and shit. Mick’s desk is filled with computer stuff and toys. The room is both of us…with a couch in the middle. The couch is a futon…which means we can have guests!!
Here we go so far! More to come for sure…especially when the place is done!
I swear. I know i havent written in a while, but I guess living the life that I have has been more important than writing about it.
1. Quit Smoking. Its been 5 days. Its a lot easier than it was last time, and I know i havent really been in a drunk bar situation yet, but so far so good.
2. Moving out of the BBH. This one is huge. Ive lived in my house for over 4 years now. Made some of my best friends through this house, and live with people I consider family. However, the time has come to move on, and evolve, and finally live with the man that I love. Just us. So come March 1, we will be out of the BBH, and some other awesome person (TBD) will move in and life will go on, and we will meet new people thru this new addition, and the BBH will continue to be my home away from home.
3. Got another hair cut. Eh, its short, cute and I thought I would share the news.
4.The Wunzees are kicking off. Ive sold 16 so far. Pretty cool huh? http://wunzees.etsy.com Have at it! Buy a gift! Make a request! 🙂
Thats it for now. Ill write more interesting stuff and more in depth introspection and shit like that later.
Posted in call me an artist, entertaining me isnt hard, its a celebration!, regular ol shit, relationship shit, self help, the important stuff
Tagged BBH, etsy, moving, new year, smoking, wunzee
Two of the three roommates leave for the holidays today, and the third leaves tomorrow. That leaves Mick and I with a house to ourselves for over a week. Sweet. Whats even sweeter is the fact that we bought a 42″ LCD Television yesterday (our first joint purchase), and we gave each other part of our x-mas presents early. We obviously think the same. He bought me Super Mario Cart, and I bought him Lego Batman for the Wii. So basically, with the cost of the TV in mind…we dont need to leave the house at all the next few weeks. Well, maybe to eat. It will be nice to have the quiet of just us.
Im already in holiday mode mentally, but unfortunately have to work today, tomorrow and half of wednesday. Same goes next week too. Ahh well, ill take the break where i can get it, and just keep on accruing the vacation time for somewhere we want to go.
Happy Holidays everyone!
So growing up I was an avid ABC soap opera fan. All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. Not by choice necessarily but because my mom watched them. She taped them every day. On a VHS tape. Watched them either during days she didnt work, or after work when I was home. It was a nice escape, but I always felt like I was into them because I had to be.
Then I start Freshman year of college, and all my dorm associates are watching Days of Our Lives in the common room. A show I had never watched, but I remember the first plot line when I started being around the time that Marlena was possessed my the devil. Then came lady in a cage. Then so much more genius. Kyle from the Real World started acting as Phillip. Bella changed. Shawn changed. Patch came back. Vivian left. None of this happened in this order, but I used to keep up for sure. Even after I moved to SF, I would TIVO it and watch it somewhat regularily. The great thing with soap operas is that they basically re-play the entire episode from the day before that day…nothing really ever happens.
Anyway long story short…Days of Our Lives for a brief 10 some-odd years was actually pretty important to me. I even read the updates daily if I missed the episode.
This blog is written with great sadness in news I just found out. On Wednesday, “Days of Our Lives” announced that it was firing two of the soap’s biggest stars: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. What the eff is Days of Our Lives without John and Marlena? I guess because of who they are, they require more money…so they got rid of them before they had to get rid of more newbies. But check out these stats according to imdb.com They are on the first page of credits, and have both played multiple roles. (ususally different versions of themselves.)
Deidre Hall- Dr. Marlena Evans. (581 episodes, 1976-2008)
Drake Hogestyn- John Black (466 episodes, 1986-2008)
For shame. Good thing I dont “really” care anymore anyway. I stopped watching years ago.
Im sure someone will miss you…i mean..they have their own wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Black_and_Marlena_Evans