Because I never drive. Seriously, I am on the road close to never, and rely on public transportation most days. There has been an e-rumor floating around with this information on it….
New Driving Fine Charges for State of CA
NEW FINES STARTING JULY 1, 2008….
1. Carpool lane – 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/08 (The $271 posted on
the highway is old). Don’t do it again because 2nd time is going to be
double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.
2. Incorrect lane change – $380. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or
3. Block intersection – $485
4. Driving on the shoulder – $450
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. – Double fine as of 07/01/08.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts – both passengers and drivers
get tickets .
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
9. As of 07/01/08 cell phone use must be ‘hands free’ while driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy – easy money for
It all sounds pretty awful. Looks like only part of it is true. The facts according to Truth or Fiction